Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 at
When looking for a Charlotte roofing contractor- there are several important tasks you should complete to find the best Charlotte roofing installer.
Experience- You want a Charlotte roofing contractor with good experience, one that can show you some of his previous roofing jobs. Ask to see the most recent 2-4 roofing jobs. Go drive by the roofs, and ask your potential Charlotte roofing installer any questions you may have about previous work. You can also ask to speak to the previous customers of these roofing jobs.
Reputation- The reputation of the Charlotte roofing contractor is very important. Call or look on the internet at the BBB listing of this company. Read the comments previous customers have written, and notice the roofing company’s BBB rating. Ask for a list of previous customers that you can call. Read testimonials from these satisfied customers and decide if that describes the kind of experience you are looking for in your roofing installer.
Roofing Materials- It’s important to use quality roofing materials to repair or replace your roof. Ask for samples, warranties and any other additional information you require about roofing materials.
License and Insurance– Ask if the Charlotte roofing company has a business license and liability insurance. A good roofing company will also have an address and phone number, and be happy to provide you that information. Never work with a roofing company that seems to be “traveling through” the area. Many homeowners have had negative experiences from these unreliable types of people.
Payment- the final payment of a roofing job should be made upon satisfactory completion of the project.
Recommendations- Ask your friends, neighbors and co-workers for recommendations of the Best Roofing Company in Charlotte. They will give you the names of the Charlotte roofing contractors they prefer and have used before.
We know you will be pleased and satisfied with the work of Advanced Roofing and Exteriors. Give us a call, and we will be happy to provide references and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to talking to you and hope you will choose Advanced Roofing and Exteriors to be your Charlotte roofing installer.
Sunday, February 13th, 2011 at
Your roof has been damaged due to a recent storm. You wonder if you need a roof replacement or just a roof repair job. You need to find a good Charlotte roofing contractor, but aren’t sure how to start looking. Here are some tips from the Better Business Bureau to help you make a good decision, find the best Charlotte roofing contractor, save money, and get your roof repaired in a timely manner:
* Do not be rushed into signing a contract with a particular roofing company. Get business cards, and ask for written estimates for their work. Call your Better Business Bureau for the most current information on individual companies.
* Beware of a roofing company that puts emphasis on how the homeowner can get a new roof paid for by the insurance company.
* Talk to your insurance agent personally, and ask for advice on how to proceed in getting roofing repairs made. Keep receipts for temporary repairs.
* Investigate the track record of any Charlotte roofing contractor you consider hiring. Secure references, and do not give anyone a deposit until you are sure they are reputable.
* Take your time about signing a contract with a local Charlotte roofing contractor. Get a written estimate that includes any oral promises the roofing installer provided. Remember to ask if there is a charge for an estimate before allowing anyone into your home or on your land. Ask for explanations for price variations, and do not automatically choose the lowest bidder. Get a copy of the final, signed contract before the job begins.
* Resist dealing with any Charlotte roofing contractors who ask you to pay for the entire roofing job up-front. A deposit of one-third of the total price is standard procedure. Pay the final amount only after the work is completed to your satisfaction.
*A legitimate Charlotte roofing company should be able to provide the following information:
– Local references and roofing testimonials
– Business license
– Roofing credentials
– Workers compensation insurance
– General liability insurance
– Written manufacturer warranties
Any other questions or concerns, contact us directly, at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors, 704-999-4130 or research for more information at your local BBB.