Bad weather conditions can be tough on your roof. Every now and then you would wonder if perhaps it’s time for roof replacement or roof repair. There are simple signs to recognize that you need the expertise of a reliable Charlotte, North Carolina roofer, Advanced Roofing and Exteriors founded by Kevin Sweeney. If you find yourself answering “yes” to any of the questions below then it’s time to get in touch with your Charlotte roofing contractor.
1. Does ice build up on your roof during winter? If you have a thick buildup of ice on your roof in winter, then you need a Charlotte roofing contractor for roof inspection. If your attic is warm, this can cause rapid melting and refreezing of snow, resulting in the buildup of ice that can harm the gutters and the roof. Ventilation and insulation work in the attic could be needed and you need your Charlotte roofing contractor to fix this problem.
2. Have you experienced a hail storm lately? To cause roof damage, the hail usually needs to be at least 1 and one-fourth in total diameter or roughly the size of a half-dollar. Other signs of hail damage are mineral deposits on your downspouts, dents or dings from hail on your metal gutter, and leaks. If you see the presence of moisture or discolored patches or holes in the ceiling, then it means there are leaks on your roof possibly caused by hail.
3. Are some of your shingles missing or damaged? You know it’s time to change shingles when they are buckling, crackling or bending. You should replace your damaged roof shingles before your home suffers from extensive damage, according to the National Roofing Contractors Association. If you do a small roof shingle repair now, it could save you from a more costly repair later.
If several rows of roofing shingles have been lost already, you have to contact a Charlotte roofing contractor at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors to conduct roof inspection. The same is true if the flashing is damaged or has pulled away from the ceiling structure. Sheet metal that is placed over joints of roof and wall construction is called flashing which prevents water seeping into the house and causing damage. A fault in the roof flashing more often causes roof leaks.
4. Is your yard always wet or saturated? Clogged or even damaged gutters can result to excessive water runoff which can harm your current foundations. Does your ground seem to continue to be wet? It’s possible that you have a gutter issue and a Charlotte roofing contractor to repair your gutter. Call your local roofer before the runoff damages your home’s foundation.
5. Are your gutters loose? If your gutters are pulling loose from the strain of ice, snow, leaves or other debris, it’s time to repair or replace the gutters. Your Charlotte roofing contractor can do roof inspection and tell you if you need work done on your gutters. You can prevent water damage to your home by maintaining your gutters. There are also several solutions your roofing contractor can offer to you to protect your gutters from excessive leaves building up in the gutters.
6. Do you see water stains on your roof deck? Are there water stains and damaged wood on the underside of the roof? You should check the vents, plumbing pipes, and around the chimney. You know you need a Charlotte roofing contractor if your roof is not completely sealed and you see daylight coming through the roof cracks.
It is difficult to inspect your roof all by yourself. Roof inspections are best done by professional Charlotte roofing contractors who can give you the best advice on whether your roof needs some minor repairs or if it’s time for a roof replacement. Contact a Charlotte roofing contractor, Kevin Sweeney of Advanced Roofing and Exteriors, today about roof inspection, roof repair or replacement.