Your roof has been damaged due to a recent storm. You wonder if you need a roof replacement or just a roof repair job. You need to find a good Charlotte roofing contractor, but aren’t sure how to start looking. Here are some tips from the Better Business Bureau to help you make a good decision, find the best Charlotte roofing contractor, save money, and get your roof repaired in a timely manner:
* Do not be rushed into signing a contract with a particular roofing company. Get business cards, and ask for written estimates for their work. Call your Better Business Bureau for the most current information on individual companies.
* Beware of a roofing company that puts emphasis on how the homeowner can get a new roof paid for by the insurance company.
* Talk to your insurance agent personally, and ask for advice on how to proceed in getting roofing repairs made. Keep receipts for temporary repairs.
* Investigate the track record of any Charlotte roofing contractor you consider hiring. Secure references, and do not give anyone a deposit until you are sure they are reputable.
* Take your time about signing a contract with a local Charlotte roofing contractor. Get a written estimate that includes any oral promises the roofing installer provided. Remember to ask if there is a charge for an estimate before allowing anyone into your home or on your land. Ask for explanations for price variations, and do not automatically choose the lowest bidder. Get a copy of the final, signed contract before the job begins.
* Resist dealing with any Charlotte roofing contractors who ask you to pay for the entire roofing job up-front. A deposit of one-third of the total price is standard procedure. Pay the final amount only after the work is completed to your satisfaction.
*A legitimate Charlotte roofing company should be able to provide the following information:
– Local references and roofing testimonials
– Business license
– Roofing credentials
– Workers compensation insurance
– General liability insurance
– Written manufacturer warranties
Any other questions or concerns, contact us directly, at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors, 704-999-4130 or research for more information at your local BBB.