Finding a good Charlotte or Concord NC roofing company
Are the best roofers in Charlotte NC on top of your roof? Charlotte roofing experts combine the latest and most advanced roofing skills, technologies, materials, and workmanship with award winning and reliable customer service. At Advanced Roofing and Exteriors, Charlotte and Concord roofers take pride in each and every job they do, and every job is completed utilizing the best materials available for each individual application.
Check memberships and affiliations
Your search for the best roofer to handle your residential or commercial roofing project should include a review of memberships and professional associations such as the Better Business Bureau, local and national home builders associations, and certifications from major industry suppliers to install their products. Also, confirm that any Charlotte roofing companies you consider are properly licensed and insured, and check Angie’s List to read reviews from recent clients.
Choosing the right contractor
A roof typically represents a mere 5 percent of your building investment, but its importance in the overall function and protection of your building is much higher. When looking for the best roofer for your needs, do your homework. Beware of hooking up with a friend of a friend, or a cousin, who says they can do a good job for next to nothing. This particular type of arrangement can often lead to disaster, and end up costing you a lot more than you bargained for. The lowest price quote should never be the greatest determining factor when choosing a contractor. Here is a checklist to help assist you in choosing the best roofer for your roofing project.
Before you sign a contract, does the contractor:
- Have a good reputation? Check for references and call a few of them.
- Have adequate licensing and insurance coverage?
- Thoroughly inspect your roof and provide a complete description of work?
- Provide a written estimate, including a thorough description of work to be performed and work that may be contracted out?
- Explain your entire roofing system? You should understand how all components of your roof work together.
- Check existing ventilation for proper circulation? Improper ventilation can damage your shingles and invalidate your shingle warranty.
- Explain reasons for tearing off rather than nailing over existing roof?
- Apply sufficient underlayment to the wood deck to prevent ice damming, wind-driven rain, or collection of flowing.
- Use proper fastening techniques? Four fastening are required for most shingles – six in high wind areas. Fasteners should penetrate ¾” into the deck.
- Thoroughly clean up your roof and around your house when finished? Your yard and home should look the same as the contractor found it.
- Clearly explain warranties covering workmanship and materials? You should be very clear about who to call with a problem.
- Use quality roofing materials? Check the product warranty plus UL fire and wind-resistance ratings. Choose a name you trust. Not all shingles are the same.
You want the best roofers available in the Charlotte and Concord NC area to repair or replace your roof. There are many Charlotte roofing companies to choose from, and the Charlotte and Concord roofers at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors work had to make sure you are completely satisfied with their service. For a free estimate, visit them at www.AdvancedRoofingandExteriors.com and click or call for an appointment with the best roofers in Charlotte and Concord NC, today!