Metal roofing is growing in popularity in Charlotte and Concord, NC, and beyond. More and more people are looking to this type of roof for long-lasting protection, after all, it can give you the best bang for your buck when it comes to your home. But, before you decide to go with this type of roofing, it is important to know the pros and cons so you can make the best decision for you.
Metal roofing offers many benefits, which is why so many people are choosing it. Here are some of the pros to consider:
- Metal roofs are long-lasting. In fact, this is primarily the most common reason people choose this type of roof for their home. Metal roofing can last for 40 to 60 years. This means most people will not have to replace their roof more than once.
- Metal roofing is also very durable. This type of roof can stand up to winds of up to 140 miles per hour. They are also impact-resistant, meaning if they are struck, the chance of damage is minimal.
- Metal roofing is energy efficient. Since these roofs reflect solar radiant heat, having metal roofing can reduce cooling costs by an estimated 10 to 25 percent.
Though a metal roof has many benefits, there are some cons to consider as well.
- A metal roof can be expensive. Though it does last longer, it can also cost more. Make sure you are planning to stay in your house for a while to make the investment worth it for you.
- A metal roof can be loud. Rain or hail falling on it can be noisy. Though this noise can be tempered by the addition of insulation, that is an added expense to consider.
- Metal roofing can be hard to color match down the road should a repair be needed. It can be difficult to find an exact match to the existing metal.
Make your decision
If you are considering a metal roof, you have a lot to consider and think about. You can always ask the advice of a roofing professional or talk to someone who has a metal roof in the Charlotte and Concord areas. This can help you feel confident in your decision before you make the investment.
Metal roofing in Charlotte and Concord, NC
Charlotte and Concord, NC residents have many options when it comes to choosing a new roof. If you are considering a metal roof for your home, talk to the professionals at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors. We are happy to help you choose the best roof for you. Contact us today to get started.