Metal roofing systems are highly beneficial. By using a metal roof, you can be certain of its resistance and longevity. Several metal roofs make use of copper and its alloys. These materials are very versatile and have great physical properties. For instance, a metal roof made out of copper is resistant to corrosion. Also, they have extra physical features like strength and conductivity. In other words, metal roofs in Charlotte and Concord, NC, do get damaged easily. A great plus to metal roofing is that they can be installed on existing roofs.
Benefits of using metal roofing from Charlotte’s best roofing companies
Metal roofs are generally very beneficial for homes, hotels, and other residential spots in Charlotte and Concord, NC. However, certain people are still skeptical about the installation of metal roofing. Below are some of the main advantages of using a metal roof.
- Lightweight: Unlike most other roofs, metal roofs don’t weigh much. So, when metal roofs are installed on the load-bearing roof supports, they remain strong. Moreover, metal roofs can also be installed on existing roofs. Its lightweight feature has made it so versatile.
- Longevity: Typically, metal roofs can last for as long as forty to seventy years. However, it’s longevity solely depends on the material. For instance, the asphalt roofing can last for as long as twelve to twenty years.
- Safe to use: Metal roofs aren’t just strong; they are also safe. Due to its resistive properties, metal roofs don’t get too affected by incidents like wildfire and the likes. Moreover, they are also resistant to lightning strikes.
- Durability: Depending on the kind of metal you choose; some metal roofs can resist wind gust for as far as 140 miles per hour. With this, they can resist corrosion or cracks. Unlike other kinds of roofs, metal roofs don’t need intensive maintenance. However, the roof should be inspected frequently to prevent unexpected occurrences in Charlotte and Concord, NC.
- Environmentally friendly: Unlike most other roof types, metal roofs can be recycled after a long usage period. They have about twenty-five to ninety-five percent recycled content. So, metal roofs are still ultimately great for the environment.
How to maintain a metal roof in Charlotte and Concord, NC
Maintenance of metal roofing doesn’t cost as much as other kinds of roofs. Here are the simple and basic steps to take to maintain your roof:
- Wash off or clean up debris from your roof at all times
- Clean out the roof gutters and drains
- Intentionally remove dirt and leaves or any other element that may be stuck at corners of the roof.
- Ensure that no tree branches are touching your roof.
Please note there will be a need for regular inspections of your roof. Due to this need, you will need the help of Charlotte’s best roofing contractors. Advanced Roofing and Exteriors offers commercial roofing and residential roofing services to Charlotte, NC, and surrounding areas.