Metal roofing in Charlotte is regarded as one of the most popular types of roofing today. A lot of clients are choosing this type of roofing for its durability. To understand how it works, it is important to identify components, materials, and accessories associated with it.
Metal Roofing Components
Vital components that you need to know in other to relate properly with your roofing contractor:
- Metal Coils/Sheet: Metal roofing uses metal coils as one of its components. Metal coils are long continuous metal rolls that are treated or coated on the paint, virtually all roofing types like this begins as coils or sheet metal, which is rolled out, cut, and formed into a panel to form a roof.
- Seam: Seam in metal roofing simply refers to the side rib where metal panels are conjoined or connected. Seams are created by using a roll former. They are then snapped together mechanically.
- Profile: Profiles in metal roofing are the determinants of how panels fit or connect. Profiles simply mean the shape or design metal panels are formed into.
- Roll Forming Equipment: This is a machine that shapes and forms the coil into separate panels. The machine can either be stationary or a piece of portable equipment.
Accessories: Top Charlotte NC metal roofing
This type of roofing is common and durable. Knowing certain terminology can be of use to use in finalizing or awarding your roof contract.
- Underlayment: This is the material that goes beneath the metal panels. Its function is to provide protection from water, moisture, high temperature and vapors. Underlayment is installed either mechanically or self Adhered. The different type of underlayment material includes fully adhered peels and stick, felt synthetic (polypropylene or polythene)
- Clips: Clips are used for attaching the metal roof panels to the deck. The clips are fixed on the standing seam portion of the bottom panel which is then attached to the deck of the roof by fasteners.
- Fasteners: The are the screws that are used to attach the metal to the roof deck in the process of installation.
- Sealants: Sealants are used in the process of installation to seal out wind, dirt, water, and other substances. Sealants are made up of silicone or polyurethane compounds. Sealants make the metal roof as weather-tight as possible.
Top metal roofing contractors in Charlotte NC
When it comes to metal roofing, we are the best. At Advanced Roofing and Exteriors, we pride ourselves as the top roofing company. For high-quality services, roof replacement, installation services, and many more contact us. Advanced Roofing and Exteriors offer commercial roofing and residential roofing services to Charlotte NC and surrounding areas.