Summer is as good a time as any in Charlotte to replace your roof — possibly with a metal roof. If you’re wondering how much metal roofing costs, the exact price depends on the metal and the type of roofing. Aluminum and steel are the least expensive roofing metals. Aluminum is lighter and more rust-resistant, but galvanized steel can withstand wind and hail better. Copper is the most durable, but also one of the most expensive. Your residential roofing company should have a price list.
If you plan on keeping your Concord, NC house more than twenty years, you’ll make back the cost of your roof just from never needing to replace it and only needing to repair it a little. There are steps you can take to make sure your metal roofing will live up to its potential for endurance:
- Try to avoid walking on your roof. Not only is this dangerous, it may scuff or dent it. If you need to examine your roof, do so from a ladder propped against the side of your house.
- Bringing some metals into contact with each other — copper with aluminum or steel, for example — can cause galvanic corrosion, so make sure the screws holding your roofing in place are the same metal as the roofing itself.
- After every heavy storm, inspect the edges and seams of the roofing for rust or signs the sealant is wearing off.
- If housepainters are working on your walls, don’t let them use paint sprayers too close to your roof. If paint gets on your roof, you might never be able to clean it off.
- Don’t let debris build up on your roof. This usually won’t be a problem — rain will wash fallen leaves off the smooth surface of the metal. But use a long-handled brush to clean debris out of the valleys. And if a tree limb is rubbing up against your roof, have it cut.
- Clean your gutters regularly. Don’t let them become clogged — water pooling on metal roofing is one of the few things that can hurt it.
Get metal roofing from Charlotte’s best contractors
Advanced Roofing and Exteriors are Charlotte’s best roofing contractors, and they offer a 30 to 50 year warranty on their metal roofs. They have won the Angie’s List Super Service Award twice. This family-owned company is also an Owens Corning preferred contractor and a member of the Home Builders Association of Charlotte. These licensed general contractors will give you a free estimate, plan their timeline for work to suit your schedule and provide the materials themselves. If you are interested in a metal roof for a home or business in Charlotte or Concord, NC, call today.