Residential roofing may come with more options than Charlotte and Concord, NC residents realize. Putting a new roof on your home is a big deal. You want to make sure your new roof lasts as long as possible and is done correctly. This saves you money down the road and prevents your home from developing water damage.
One of the first residential roofing decisions you will have to make when preparing for a new roof is the type of roof you want. You may be surprised at the number of options available and the benefits each one offers.
Types of roofs
While there are many more types of residential roofing than what we will cover, you can learn about five popular options, below.
- Asphalt shingles. Perhaps the most common type of residential roofing is asphalt shingles due to their durability and cost-effectiveness. Available in many different colors, this type of roof typically lasts about 20 years when properly maintained.
- Metal roofing. Metal roofs are becoming more and more popular residential roofing options. Though they are more expensive than other types of roofs, they last much longer. Most metal roofs can last anywhere from 40 to 60 years, which for many homeowners, makes the cost worth it. Plus, like asphalt, there are different styles and colors available in metal sheeting.
- Slate roofing. Slate roofing offers a more sophisticated look than other types of residential roofing options. They also are very long-lasting, able to last 100 years. However, they are heavier, costlier, and can be easily broken.
- Wood shakes and shingles. This roofing option is made from western red cedar, cypress, pine, and redwood trees. They are very resistant to moisture and decay and require little maintenance to last 30 to 40 years. Plus, they can help you save on energy. However, they are a bit more expensive to install, requiring great expertise.
- Synthetic roofing. These products are made to mimic asphalt shingles, concrete or clay tile, metal, and roofing materials. They contain plastic and rubber as the main ingredient are usually more affordable than their “real” counterparts, but may not last as long.
Residential roofing options in Charlotte and Concord, NC
Charlotte and Concord, NC residents have many options when it comes to why type of residential roofing they want on their home. But, you don’t have to make this decision alone. The team at Advanced Roofing and Exteriors is happy to look at your home and help you determine the best option based on your home and your budget.