A roofing contractor is important for anyone who owns a home. Most of us do not spend a lot of time thinking about the roof of our house unless it needs repair, but it is one of the most important parts of the house. Just imagine life in a house without a roof—
- When it rained, not only would you get wet, but you would not be able to change into anything dry because all your other clothes would be just as wet. Your books, paperwork and electrical appliances would be ruined.
- During the winter, it would be almost impossible to keep warm — to say nothing of being snowed on during the night.
- Two words: bird droppings.
It would not really be a house at all.
Having established the uncontroversial point that your house does indeed need a roof, let us consider how a roofing contractor can help you with yours:
- Before you buy a new home, a roofing contractor can inspect the roof and let you know what condition it is in. This will give you an idea of how long you can expect the roof to last and how much you can expect to pay for repairs over its lifetime.
- If your roof is damaged, you will want a roofing contractor to inspect it and give you his or her expert opinion even before the actual work of repair begins. You will want to know if you need to have the roof completely replaced, or if a moderate amount of repair will take care of the problem. A roofing contractor can also tell you the best material to use, based on how long you want the roof to last and how much you want to pay. Some roofing contractors offer free estimates.
- Once you know how much work you need done, the next step is to have it done. A good roofing contractor can replace shingles, tiles or metal roofing, provide chimney caps and clean gutters too clogged for a hose.
- With winter upon us, a roofing contractor can tell you what weak spots need to be repaired before the next rain, hailstorm or snow. They can also advise you of any dangers to your roof, such as infestations of small animals seeking refuge from the cold, gutters clogged by leaves or snow or overhanging branches that may break in an ice storm.
- Last but not quite least, they can make your roof look good.
Charlottes best roofing contractor
Advanced Roofing and Exteriors are Charlottes best roofing contractors, having won the Angies List Super Service Award twice. These licensed general contractors will plan the work to fit your schedule, and provide all the needed materials themselves. Call today for a free estimate.