If the roof to your house is leaking and causing damage to your interior ceilings, you should repair or replace the roof. IF you have a leaky roof, any renovation project you plan for your home should not be started until roof replacement is accomplished. Every type of possible home remodeling task can be ruined if it is not properly protected under a good roof.
Roof replacement materials
You have a choice in roofing materials. What is easily available typically depends on where you are located, but what you use will depend upon the size and type of roof you have and your personal taste. Some of the more popular materials include:
- Asphalt shingles. These are affordable and easy to find. They come in a variety of styles and colors, but may not be as visually appealing as some of the other options.
- Cedar shake or wood shingles. These are much more attractive than asphalt shingles, but are also more expensive.
- Metal. Metal is popular in certain localities, especially in rural areas and in the South, around Charlotte and Concord NC. It takes specialized skills to properly install a metal roof.
- Slate. Slate is very attractive, although very slippery to walk on when wet. It is also pretty pricey.
- Tile. Tile roofs are a popular option where it is hot and dry most of the time. They can actually be used just about anywhere, but their durability and capacity for withstanding extreme temperatures makes them a popular choice in the Southwest and desert areas. Tile is more expensive initially, but lasts a very long time.
Cost for roof replacement
The cost of roof replacement will vary, depending upon the size and pitch of the roof, materials, and location. Time of year may also impact the price a roofing company will charge for roof replacement. A ballpark figure to replace a roof in the Charlotte and Concord NC region is from $5,000 to $7,000, but again many factors can influence this price. One of the best roofing companies in Charlotte, Advanced Roofing and Exteriors will be happy to take a look at your home and provide you an estimate for roof replacement.
The best time to replace your roof
Traditionally, most roof replacements are done in the summer, but this is not a hard and fast rule. In fact, roofing contractors are generally the busiest during the summer, so you may be able to negotiate a better price if you can wait until cooler weather when their business slows down. Even in the Charlotte and Concord NC region, roofing companies work all year, so you have some flexibility in scheduling your roof replacement.
Most roofing projects take between three and four days. This time depends upon how large and how steep the roof is, weather during the roof replacement, and materials used. Most roofing companies can get an average roof replacement completed in this time.
Roof replacement is not something to put off, especially if your roof is leaking. When you need a roof replacement, call one of Charlotte’s top roofing companies, Advanced Roofing and Exteriors for the best deal and quality workmanship.