Roofers in Charlotte and homeowners are now actively engaged in repairing broken roofs. Different factors can cause your roof to need a repair irrespective of its longevity or durability level. Some of these factors are uncontrollable, for example, natural disasters like hail and heavy rain. However, others are controllable, for example, improper roof installation. The best way to safely repair your tile roof is to hire a professional roofer.
How to repair a clay roof tile
A leaking roof is taunting any homeowner. It makes the house look and feel unpleasant. A broken or missing tile can cause this damage.
The first step to take is to identify the damage. The roof damage might be anywhere. Identifying bits would help you determine how you would repair the damage. A professional Charlotte roofer would help you locate the damage at its exact point and explain the possible causes. It is important to note the causes and take precautionary measures next time. As earlier mentioned, the cause of the damage would determine the solution method.
For cracked or broken clay roof tile:
- Carefully lift the tiles close to the damaged tile with a flat pry bar. Do this carefully to avoid damaging the good ones when you lift them.
- Do the same thing to the damaged tile. If it is not coming out, use a hammer or pry bar to break the tile.
- Remove the nails that held the tiles. Then apply roofing cement to the spot where the damaged tile was. Now apply a new tile and out the first tile back.
Be careful in doing this so as not to cause more tile damages.
For small cracks and holes on the roof tiles
Simply apply plastic roofing cement to seal the crack or hole. Use a hand trowel or something with a flat surface to smoothen the cement and get a clean surface.
- Using a flat pry bar, lift the tiles around the damaged area.
- Use roofing cement to fill the hole. You can also replace the tile if it was also damaged
However, the damage caused might be more severe and cannot be fixed by yourself. Contact an expert roofer to do smooth work.
Charlotte’s #1 roofer
Damaged roofs can wreak more havoc to the home. Immediate steps should be taken to prevent further damage. You might want to save more money by doing it yourself. That is very good but not advisable, and you could get injured or worse.
Expert roofers Charlotte would give you a quality roof repair and increase its lifespan. Advanced Roofing and Exteriors offers commercial roofing and residential roofing services to Charlotte NC and surrounding areas.