Interviewing and hiring roofing companies is concerning for many homeowners because they want to make sure that they hire the best company available. Consider six basic questions, including three that concern what happens before the work begins and three that concern what will happen after the work begins, to help identify the best and most reliable contractors.
Do not stress too much about price. Make sure that every bid is identical in the scope of work to be done, and then you can be sure that your prices are for the same work. For example, if one contractor recommends wind resistant shingles and you think that is a good idea, make sure all the other contractors give you a bid for high wind resistant shingles as well. Any pricing that seems too good to be true is likely too good to be true. Be wary of contractors that offer a discount because they have material left over from a previous job.
Here are six simple questions you should ask in an effort to find the best roof installer:
- Are you licensed and insured? Every legitimate roofing contractor will be happy to show you his license and insurance verification. In fact, the best companies offer this information in their detailed bids or estimates. Do not feel as if you are asking for some personal information; this is standard procedure for any construction or home improvement contract.
- How long have you been in business? This is important because the roofing business is very competitive, and only the best companies are around for a long time. Additionally, you want to have work performed by a company that will be around to cover warranty work if it is necessary 10 years down the road.
- Can you provide references that I can contact? Roofing contractors know that word of mouth is their biggest ally for gaining new business. Be sure to ask for references for jobs that are similar to yours and that have been completed within the last two years.
- When will you start and finish the project? It is important that you and your neighbors know how long to expect the work to carry on. This is also an important question to ask references. This will give you an idea if the contractor works with expediency so that you do not have to have your roof torn up for weeks.
- Do we need permits for this project, and who requests them? Some roof repairs may not require a permit. Be sure to ask this question to every contractor that offers you an estimate. Most legitimate contractors consider this to be part of their responsibility.
- Will you be subcontracting the job to another roofer? This is very important. Smaller companies can get overwhelmed when it is really busy and may need to subcontract to keep their commitments. If the roofer subcontracts, then you have no idea who is really going to be working on your roof.
One of the most reliable of all Charlotte roofing companies
If you ask these six questions to every potential roofing company, you should have reasonable expectations that you are hiring the right roof installer. Advanced Roofing and Exteriors specializes in residential roofing and commercial roofing installation, repair and inspections, as well as exterior improvement projects. They are licensed in the states of North Carolina and South Carolina. They enjoy a high rating with the Better Business Bureau, and they are highly rated by their customers. Advanced Roofing and Exteriors has been serving the Charlotte and Concord areas for many years. If you are looking for the best roofing companies in the Carolinas, you should make them your first call.